Tuesday, February 22, 2005

More craziness

Things have been crazy lately. Been spending most nights working on the MemVidia project. Spent last night trying to figure out why the new Hauppauge PVR 150 card kept blue-screening my Win2k system. No luck. Sent in a request to tech support.

Turns out there are drivers for the card for Linux, but both Fedora and Red Hat 9 don't have it by default. In an attempt to update to the latest kernel so I could get the source code, I screwed up up2date so now I can't do any more updates. Crap. The whole thing is broken. Will probably have to do a backup and rebuild the system. I've needed to rebuild it anyway, but it's still a bitch.

Also got Adobe Premier installed so I can look at how some of the other GUIs work. Premier's interface isn't bad, but I don't think it's intuitive enough. If I can't figure it out in thirty seconds, there's no chance our target audience will be able to figure it out. Will have to look at some other applications.

Talked to Jen a couple of nights ago. She's going to get me the info for her home inspector so I can get him to look into Joe's house.

"Serendipity" is on in the background. I'm such a sap.

Ok, back to work. Think I'll make myself some hot chocolate. Sis got me some kickass hot chocolate in three flavors. Yum.