Monday, January 30, 2006

Let the fun begin

Spent a good portion of the day trying to get an AutoYast install working on 64 bit Suse. Think I just about figured it out, although trying to move files across an NFS mount from within a VMWare image is very painful.

Had a good talk this evening with Naomi on IM. Looks like she's starting to get over me.

Went to Home Depot tonight in Manhattan to see if they had the tile I liked. Watched 24.

Did some more work on trying to get the new homepage working. Found out the hard way that Yahoo Geocities support absolutely sucks. Not only do they not have phone support for their paid service, but the web page that you are supposed to use to contact them with problems is broken. How on earth are you supposed to report problems if the problem reporting page throws an error when you try to use it? So I shelled out real money and I can't even get the thing to work. If I don't hear back from them I'm calling my credit card company to dispute the charge.

I have an interview candidate who is not going to show up tomorrow until 5:30. Not only that, he's there for the test so it is likely I won't get out of there until 8:30 if I'm lucky. Crap.