Monday, January 2, 2006

New Years

Went to Jen and Jon's for New Years Eve. Suzy, Sam, Lauren, Kevin, all came over for a while and we played a board game.

Sold the car. Will deliver it next weekend. Have to get a certified check out to GMAC in tomorrow's mail.

Earlier today I was comparing this New Years Eve to last year. It was quite a step down from celebrating it in Times Square. And I certainly didn't get my picture on the front page of the New York Times either.

The fact that I resorted to spending it with my family made me feel like I didn't have any friends. Otherwise I would have gone to somebody's party.

Came back from South Jersey early this afternoon. Spent the afternoon alone. Went out and got a hot chocolate from Starbucks.

Yeah, I'm starting to feel all lonely and sorry for myself again. I had thought putting myself in New York City would alleviate the feelings of isolation. I thought I would make new friends and have people to hang out with. It makes me wonder why I gave up what I had with Naomi, but deep down I know that I would have been with her just so I didn't feel alone and that wouldn't be right.

The next two weeks at work are going to be Hell. I have to write the entire patching backend for the Clarity product and have it in test by the 12th. Ick.

Going to get to bed relatively early tonight. Have to get to work early tomorrow.

Ciao.