Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Work and drinks on hump day

Worked. Gave the Clarity overview to the new Systems person. Figured out that LILO doesn't work on our blades because the old version packaged with Red Hat doesn't support Major 67 for SCSI devices. At least now I know what was happening. Also fixed the bug mentioned yesterday with file descriptors being inherited across fork(). Now my agent doesn't crash. Go me.

Making more progress on patching. For the first time I was able to use Benny's GUI to call my installation engine. Very nice. The target is to demo at the end of the week.

Afterwards, Dan, Morris and I went out to Reservoir for dinner/drinks. Then on the cab ride back to Astoria with Dan, Matt called and we met him, Alana, and Jeff for drinks at the Broadway station. Now I'm home and tired and ready for bed.