Wednesday, February 1, 2006

Today is Wednesday, right?

Didn't sleep well last night. Kept waking up in the early morning (3, 4, 5, 6am). Kept thinking about work.

Work went ok. Did some more planning for the CS project. Gave Benny the intro to Dmanager development. Didn't realize he had never used gdb. This is going to be interesting.

After work, met up with Carter with dinner from Wendy's. Took a crack at fixing her laptop as we watched American Idol. She made brownies in gratitude.

Called Vikki tonight. She got into two grad schools, one in Philly and the other in the Bronx. Will perhaps see her Friday or this weekend.

Went to lunch with Shamoun. Kind of a performance review, if you will. He had all good things to say. We discussed my role, in particular given the probable hiring of a new Director of Engineering (who I met yesterday).

I got an email from Yahoo Geocities. I'm so impressed, given the horror stories I read about on the Internet after I started having trouble. They thanked me for pointing out that their page for submitting support requests was broken, and offered to help me with the real problem I was having which prompted me to file the request. I emailed them back. Will hopefully get the issue resolved in the next couple of days. At this point, I'm just impressed they got back to me at all.