Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Plugging along

Got together with Naomi last night for dinner (Coffee Shop by Union Square). Good to catch up.

Dinner tonight with Patrick (Astoria Diner).

The saga of the air conditioner continues. I went to Home Depot last night to buy a 2x4 and waited 25 minutes to get somebody to cut it for me. Got it home, got all sweaty putting together the air conditioner, and found that the wood was measured wrong. Had to go back tonight, where I had an extended conversation with the cashier over the 1x4x24" piece of wood I was trying to buy, which I had taken from a pile of scrap where people were cutting wood to length. She ended up charging me 2 X $0.51.

Home now. Lacking the umph to finish putting in the air conditioner. I would have to get out the drill and line everything up and it's just a pain, so one more day with no AC.

On the bright side, I'm going to Italy in less than three days.