Tuesday, August 22, 2006

When will it end?

So I've been pretty busy lately with work. Yesterday worked from 9:00am to 1:30am. Today worked from 9:00am to 9:00pm. I'm kind of tired.

I worked until 1:30 in the morning because I knew we were going to start testing today and I wanted to make sure everything was working as expected. So I did that (fixing bugs along the way as I found them), and between the time I left and the time I arrived seven hours later our developer in China had completely broken the build. We went from pretty much all the core functionality working to absolutely nothing working in less than eight hours (all while I slept). Glad I worked late.

I like to think I'm pretty even tempered. Wow was I pissed.

I revoked the developer's SVN write access this afternoon.

I looked like an idiot reassuring the tester this morning that I had stayed up to make sure his testing would go smoothly, only for him to find that the software crashed and burned right out of the box.

Took a quick look at CNN.com. Saw this entry:

Bush OKs involuntary Marine recall

I especially like the lead-in

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush has authorized the U.S. Marine Corps to recall 2,500 troops to active duty because there are not enough volunteers returning for duty in Afghanistan and Iraq, Marine commanders announced Tuesday.


I can't imagine why the Marines would be having trouble finding volunteers....

I'm going to bed now.