Saturday, December 9, 2006

Lasalle library

Spending Saturday afternoon in the Lasalle library with Vikki, doing some investigation into the Mysql schema used in MythTV. The program guide has gotten faster since I deregistered the channels I do not receive, but it should still be much quicker. On my Tivo doing a pagedown in the program guide is instantanous, and that thing only had a 60 MHz PowerPC CPU. My MythTV box has a 2.4 GHz Pentium 4, suggesting that there is significant inefficiency in the software doing database access.

Admittedly a bit hard to profile the performance of my living room television from Pennsylvania. Ah, the wonder that is SSH....

After work last night, went out for Thai food with Shamoun, Naoum, and Joe. The company and food were good, but I was already exhausted and probably should have just gone home early and slept. Such is life.