Monday, December 11, 2006

Wonders of CPAN modules on Win32

Rediscovered how few people use CPAN modules on Perl for Win32 (or at least how many of them look at the results of 'make test').

Spent the bulk of the afternoon getting Perl modules to compile cleanly in my Win32 perl interpreter. It's necessary so that I can start using workflow functionality. Should be able to send upstream the bulk of the fixes so that I don't have to go through this exercise again the next time I update to a new rev.

Still at the office waiting for Perl 5.8.8 to finish compiling (along with all our dependencies), so I can go home. Fun fun.

Would still like to try to fix the problem that prevents me from using Visual Studio 2005 to compile Perl, since it is preventing me from using the newer (and much better) debugger to work on other issues in the codebase.