Monday, January 8, 2007

Work work work

Was at work from 9:45 to 10:30 today. Got a bunch done and some serious cleanup on the C++ code, but behind schedule a bit so will have to play catch-up tomorrow.

Had a busy weekend:

Paid my taxes
Worked ten hours at the office
Painted my kitchen
Replaced the video card in my MythTV, thereby fixing the color problems I was having.
Bought an apartment

Now I'm sure many of you are wondering why the hell I would paint my kitchen when I am buying an apartment. Good question. The whole apartment buying idea is something that literally transpired in the last six days from the time Vikki gave sent me the listing to my getting the offer accepted. Two weeks ago I had done all the prep/sanding/spackeling of the kitchen, so I had pretty much passed the point of no return already. Regardless of the fact that I won't be staying here much longer, at least I will be able to enjoy not having a kitchen that is what I can best describe as Sherbert green.

Regarding the apartment, I have received a couple of requests for what/where it is, etc. It's a loft studio apartment at 35th Street and 5th Avenue in Manhattan. It is on the 7th floor and has a picture window that looks up at the Empire State building. It has 12 foot ceilings and approximately 625 square feet. Kitchen and bathroom are both serviceable but nothing fancy. The building has a rooftop patio with tables. Will post some pictures when I get them.