Thursday, February 15, 2007

FTD: Do not do business with FTD Florists

Yesterday morning I ordered flowers for Vikki. The FTD website indicated explicitly that it was not too late to have them delivered on Valentine's Day.

They never showed up. I put in a status request, and they said they would not be delivered on Valentine's day due to excessive volume. I put in a cancel order through their website, and got back the following email:

Thank you for contacting FTD.COM. We are always happy to hear from
our customers and enjoy assisting you.

We received your recent request to cancel your order. Unfortunately, your order was already in the process of
being delivered. We are so sorry that we were unable to accommodate your request.

Thank you for shopping with FTD.COM


Bullshit. I called them to cancel the order via phone, pushed "3" to speak to a customer support representative and was told that due to high call volume they would not be able to take my call. **CLICK**. Yeah, the machine hung up on me.

So I called back, and pressed "2" to "check order status". Same message. **CLICK**

So I called again, and pressed "1" to order flowers. Put on hold. No hangup. So they have representatives to take my orders but not to cancel them. Nice. The hold time was set to be over an hour though, so I hung up and figured I would call back once I got to the office.

Called when I got back to the office, same process except this time I can't even talk to a representative to "take my order".

Next stop - credit card company for chargeback...

To add insult to injury, the website now has a banner that says "Forgot to Order for Valentine's Day? Better Late than Never", where they are willing to deliver the same flowers today for 50% off of yesterday's price. Wow.