- Figure out how to see my family more (in particular my nephew).
- Don't be such a realist^H^H^H^H^H^H^H pessimist.
- Be nicer to my coworkers (except Dan).
- Find **one** open source project and stick with it. I have a tendency to get distracted easily, and the result of this is that I look at alot of code, but don't spend enough time on any one given project to make any significant contribution. In the last year, I've worked on Perl 5 core, Parrot, Video4Linux, MythTV, KnoppMyth, Komodo, and I haven't gotten far enough to really make a difference on any of them.
- Reach out some people I haven't spoken to in a long time but should have.
- Better organize my RSS feeds, so I can keep track of what is going on in the world around me.
- Pay my taxes. Victoria says that's important.
- Take better care of myself so I don't have a heart attack and die.
Monday, January 14, 2008
New Year's resolutions
So since the 1st, I've been reflecting a bit on things I want to change this year. Thought people might be interested in some of my New Year's resolutions. This is a mix of personal and work goals, in no particular order: