Monday, April 7, 2008

HVR-950 ATSC Linux support - SUCCESS!

Finally spent a few hours tonight to try to figure out why I couldn't get a signal lock on the xc3028 for my HVR-950 USB tuner. Turns up I had copied some code from the cx23885 driver which loaded the OREN538 scode into the device before tuning to the specified frequency. All I had to do was comment out that one line of code, and I started getting tuner lock.

ATSC scanning now works. Azap works. AND... I can now do "mplayer /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0" and I am able to view HDTV streams over ATSC.

Wohoo. About time.


(It may not be obvious from the screen capture above, but bear in mind my desktop is at 1920x1200).

I still have to do some cleanup, and the tuning is still pretty slow because of a bunch of debug code I still have in there. It's hard to imagine why a 50ms sleep after every i2c command might slow things down. :-)

On a separate note, I really should have gone to bed two hours ago.