Saturday, May 24, 2008

USAA article on Consumerist (and it's good)

So I admit it. I'm addicted to The Consumerist.

The downside is though that the site leaves me typically feeling pretty helpless. For example, Bank of America is a frequent offender mentioned on the site, and yet I still use them as my bank because it seems like everybody else is just as bad.

There was an article today about USAA, the insurance company I use. I had never seen any articles about USAA on the site before so it caught my attention. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the article was not a complaint about the company but rather was about how good a job they were doing.

http://consumerist.com/tag/above-and-beyond/?i=5010377&t=usaa-lays-smackdown-on-shady-enterprise-rental

So, at least I don't feel bad about my insurance company. :-)

Now if only I can find an honest bank, cable provider, cell phone company, telephone company, internet provider, airline, and electronics outlet...