Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro stick now working under Linux...

Picked up a refurbished Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro USB ATSC tuner in an effort to leverage what I know about the em28xx chipset to get as many devices working as possible. Basically got it working under Linux in one night. It's virtually identical to the HVR-950 from a hardware standpoint, so I just had to update some constants. Both ATSC and analog appear to be working as expected.

Submitted the patches, and will update the DVB Wiki page for the device once they are checked in. Unfortunately I think I missed the 2.6.26 merge window.

It's annoying that Pinnacle shipped two completely different hardware designs under the same product name. I'm going to have to take pictures of the two devices and put them on the Wiki so people know which is which (since I only have one of them working under Linux at this point).

My insomnia is back and I didn't sleep much last night. Victoria suggested I stop working and watch some TV half an hour before I go to bed. Guess I'll try that now...