Sunday, October 19, 2008

Continued Pinnacle 80e progress

Pinnacle 80e status from this afternoon:
  • Successfully loaded the drx3933j firmware over i2c
  • Successfully controlled the i2c gate to the tda18271 tuner
  • Fully initialized the tuner
  • Implemented lock status and SNR routine in demod frontend
  • Issued tuning command (which isn't yet getting lock yet)
I'm now at the point where all the moving parts are in place - I just have to debug why I'm not getting signal lock.

Also, I finally nailed that s5h1411 timing bug with tuning lock, so now I'm consistently getting 300ms lock on the Pinnacle 801e. It turns up Mkrufky was having the same issue with another product, and my fix made it go from "horrible" to "now it works".

Submitted two final patches for the fix, as well as a patch to properly power down the s5h1411 when not in use. This is in addition to the 9 patches already pending against xc5000.

Also took a couple of minutes to submit two Kaffeine4 patches that I had pending in my queue for a couple of weeks.

Oh yeah, and did I mention that I am engaged?