Saturday, November 15, 2008

Coding weekend

With Victoria in Florida this weekend, I spent the entire day writing code. Well, not the entire day: I did go out for a bagel and cup of coffee in the morning.

Submitted four patches to linux-dvb today, and supported mkrufky as he tried to parse through my batch of proposed xc5000 patches. I did all the original work with the Pinnacle 801e. He gave me a HVR-950q a couple of weeks ago, and I didn't get around to testing it. Turns out it exposed two bugs in my series of nine patches. Crap.

I hate looking like an idiot.

On the bright side, I did fix the audio on the HVR-950, found a power management bug in the dvb framework, resubmitted my fix for the s2api being completely broken for ATSC, and found another power management issue in s5h1411.

I also started to look at the the analog video quality in em28xx, using a pristine video source (in this case four episodes from season 3 of the Office on DVD). I feel like there is definitely something wrong, but I can't put my finger on whether it's some sort of scaling problem, the interlacing, or something else. Perhaps I will do a dump against the Windows driver and compare how the registers are setup.