Wednesday, December 17, 2008

More fun...

Because I was having trouble getting the saa7136 to capture on CVBS, I went to my Windows XP system, to get a reference capture. It turns out the rather slow PC I use just for captures is so slow the Pinnacle software cannot do analog captures. I forced through it though, cut up the i2c calls and embedded them into the source, and then realized that the Windows capture had been against the tuner instead of composite input. At that point, I gave up for the night.

Did some analysis of the traces Gabor provided for the FQ1216ME and it turns out I wasn't initializing the tda9887 driver properly. Sent him a patch and if I'm lucky it will start to just work.

My pull request for last night's fixes hasn't been serviced yet. Wonder if there was a problem...

Will answer a few questions on the #linuxtv chatroom and am off to bed...