Sunday, December 21, 2008

Pinnacle Ultimate 880e analog bootstrapped (Finally!)

Well, I got my first real video from the composite port of the Pinnacle Ultimate:



I spent the last week debugging what I believed was a bug my driver for the analog frontend/demux subsystem of the saa7136. None of the registers were reporting any sign of video at all (no sync, hlock, etc).

Finally, just for giggles, I unplugged the composite cable running from the DVD player I was using as my CVBS test source and plugged it back into the TV. No picture there either.

Yes, it turns up somehow I managed to break my DVD player when I took it out of my entertainment center last week and moved it to where I was working. Yes, of course I had tested to make sure it was working fine before I moved the unit.

Ouch.

On a sidenote, the screen capture above looks like crap because I just hooked the input to my digital camera and my apartment has low-light.