Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Alumna sues college because she hasn't found a job

Check this out:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/08/03/new.york.jobless.graduate/

I read about this story yesterday and found it only slightly funny. Then this morning I happen to read the CNN version and was laughing my ass off at this part:
As Thompson sees it, any reasonable employer would pounce on an applicant with her academic credentials, which include a 2.7 grade-point average and a solid attendance record. But Monroe's career-services department has put forth insufficient effort to help her secure employment, she claims.

"They're supposed to say, 'I got this student, her attendance is good, her GPA is all right -- can you interview this person?' They're not doing that," she said.
Yeah, a 2.7 GPA and she's not getting employers beating down her door in this economy? Shock! I have to give CNN some credit here for the tongue-in-cheek factor.