Sunday, September 13, 2009

Confirmed: NOT brain-damaged

Had a nice quiet weekend here in the City. On Saturday Victoria and I saw 9 at the movies. We went down to MooShoes later that afternoon.

On Saturday night she practiced giving me the memory test she is learning to give veterans at her new internship with the VA hospital. There were parts that were surprisingly difficult, like being told a random sequence of eight numbers or letters and being asked to sort them in your head and recite them back in alphabetical/numerical order. It was quite a bit longer than the typical test you see on shows like ER, where they tell you to remember three words and then a couple of minutes later ask what they were.

Today I broke down and finally bought a television. And then I realized that I didn't have the right mounting hardware because my walls have aluminum studs. I'll have to pickup the parts I need and get it mounted this week.

It's 3am and I'm not sleeping again (I went to sleep at 11 and woke up at 2:30 and couldn't fall asleep). Probably not a good thing.