Tuesday, July 5, 2005

The hunt is on....

Ok, so a few things have happened in the last couple of weeks.

I'm tired of working at Netilla. This isn't new, but Dan finally talked me into putting my resume on monster.com. Kyle hooked me up with a friend from Google who I sent my resume.

I have been emailing Bill for the last few months since he left Netilla and I mentioned to him last week that I had started the search and if he knew anybody. Turns up the company he now works for (Gridapp) is looking for engineers and that "I would fit right in". So now I have my first interview tomorrow afternoon.

It's another startup and it's in midtown Manhattan. It's a Linux based platform, so I think it could be right up my alley. I guess I'll find out tomorrow if the skillset is a match. www.gridapp.com

On the Memvidia front, the project is starting to actually take shape. We bypassed the acquisition problems (interlacing issues, etc) by using a COTS DVD recorder, so I think this will be good enough for the proof of concept phase. I don't know how this whole thing will work out if I take the new job. I guess it's good to have options.

Don't know what I will do about the living situation if I take a job in Manhattan. Guess I shouldn't get too far ahead of myself.

Kyle and Pete have been in Hawaii for the last week. Would have like to have gotten her advice before tomorrow's interview. Such is life.

Fourth of July went well. On Sunday Naomi and I met up at Rick's house for a barbeque with the rest of the family. Was lots of fun. Later that night, we went with Lauren and Kevin to the fireworks in Bradley Beach.

On Monday we went and did a barbeque at her family's house. Again lots of fun. I really need to work on my strategy for Rook, since I keep getting crushed. Better yet, I should find a group that I can play card games with regularly so I can get better in general.

Ok, off to read this week's book, "The Art of Unix Programming" by Eric S. Raymond.