Monday, November 7, 2005

Fast Times in Long Island City

So it's been a while since I have written anything. To quickly recap since the last entry:

I started working at GridApp. They like me. I'm growing pointy hair (ala Dilbert's boss)

Naomi and I broke up. I feel pretty crappy about it, but what choice did I have?

I dumped my apartment in Bridgewater and moved to Long Island City (Queens, NYC). My commute went from 1:45 with a change in Newark and a 20 minute walk down to 35 minutes (1 subway ride that drops me off a block from work). Wohoo. It also means my $280.00 train fare went down to a $75.00 monthly subway pass.

Something else happened. Generally speaking it was a good thing.

My car got towed the second day I was living in NYC. It's now parked at Mom's house where Lauren is making use of it. I miss my car, but I think I'm going to sell it.

Jen is still pregnant.

Lauren moved in with Kevin, and Kevin's mommy and daddy.

I evidently have Internet access from my kitchen. Perhaps Time Warner won't get my money after all.

Does that cover everything? I think so. Will post some pictures of my apartment when I get the digital camera working again (and the place is a bit more organized from the move).