Monday, November 21, 2005

Grey Street

Oh look at how she listens.
She says nothing of what she thinks.
She just goes stumbling through her memories
Staring out onto Grey Street.

But she thinks "Hey,
How did I come to this?
I dreamed myself a million times around the world
But I can't get out of this place."

Oh there's a loneliness inside her
And she'd do anything to fill it in
And though it's red blood bleeding from her now
Felt like cold blue ice in her heart.
When all the colors mix together
to grey. And it breaks her heart.

You know she wishes it was different
And she prays to God most every night.
And though she's quite sure He doesn't listen
There's a tiny hope in her He might.

She says I prayed
Although my prayers fall on deaf ears.
Am I supposed to take it on myself
to get out of this place?

Oh there's an emptiness inside her
and she'd do anything to fill it in.
And though it's red blood bleeding from her now
Felt like cold blue ice in her heart.
You know she'd feel like kicking out all the windows
And setting fire to this life.
She would change everything about her
Using colors bold and bright.
But all the colors mix together
To grey, and it breaks her heart.