Thursday, January 19, 2006

Sick and tired

Woke up this morning and felt like crap. Perhaps it was the chili from the night before. To everyone's shock at the office, I called out sick. But I was feeling a little better by mid-morning, and made it into the office by 12:30. I still feel run down, but I'll be ok.

Lots of cleanup work on patching. Also killed a couple of hours and reviewed resumes. I'm all caught up now and have around five interviews in the next week. I'm also now screening candidate resumes for a SysAdmin position (because I don't have enough to do already).

Did an hour's worth of training for the Systems staff. Things like what does the company's network topology look like and what sort of documentation will be expected of them. I don't remember being the manager of the Systems group.

Got an IM from Naomi while at work this afternoon. She wanted to know how the car title was coming along. She then gave me an in depth description of a problem she was having with getting the insurance in New York (she might have to get the car registered in MD since that is where she lives). She had said she wanted to get it straightened out before I settled up on the car. When I told her that the two were independent issues, and that she could register the car in whatever state she needed to once I had given her the title, she accused me of, and I quote "I am trying to be friends with you and all you want to do is talk business. It's like all you care about is getting the money, so why should you care what happens once you get rid of the car?". Or something to that effect. I really need to work on my communication skills, since I wasn't trying to be antagonistic.

Got home at around 8:30. Watched CSI.

Quote of the week:

"There is a land called Passive Aggressiva, and you are it's queen."

- Grey's Anatomy