Sunday, January 22, 2006

Sunny Sunday

It's a beautiful day out today. The sun is shining and there is no sign of clouds. Wohoo!

Vikki emailed me Friday night. We went to a German place for lunch in the Village, and then Dean and Deluca for coffee. Went back to her apartment and spent the afternoon talking. As it turns out, she lives only eight blocks from my office. It was really good to catch up with her, and I hope to be able to hang out with her more regularly.

Today did some cleaning. Went to Home Depot and bought new mini-blinds for the kitchen (which I am in the process of hanging now). The old ones were pretty gross, and they were about 12 inches too short for the window they were hung in. Also, the new ones are white whereas the old ones were cream colored. I had to buy custom cut blinds because I couldn't find anyone who sold out of the box blinds that are more than 64" in length. Since I had to get custom blinds anyway, I had them cut to the exact width required for the two windows (28" and 27.5"), so they fit really well and the difference in the size of the two windows isn't obvious.

Note to self: either bring back the drill bits the next time you go to South Jersey, or buy a really cheap set to keep in the apartment.

Also went to a couple of places and looked at couches. Nothing that jumped out at me as fantastic. Will have to continue the search. I did straighten out the living room so I am all ready to receive the new couch (once I buy it).

Naomi's Mom is meeting up with me this afternoon so we can close the deal on the car. I am hoping to get together with Patrick later for dinner. And perhaps will watch the West Wing with Dan tonight.

Naomi's IM away message says "Holding hands is indeed a simple pleasure in life." Admittedly kind of curious who she is holding hands with...

I'm doing an experiment to see if the generic versions of Claratin-D are as good as the real thing. I've bought five-packs of two different brand generics. If they work as well, this will save me about 30%.

Ok, back to hanging my blinds.