Wednesday, February 8, 2006

Website work

Another day where I didn't get any closer on my development work items, and yet I didn't spend the day playing Solitaire either. I spent the majority of it helping Benny with the reporting engine, or Kavitha in getting Bugzilla/Subversion/ViewCVS setup. MUST get code ported to Suse!

Consider the following:

You have a sysadmin who came to you yesterday because she could not SSH into a newly built Red Hat server. You look at the box and notice iptables is enabled. You explain this to her and you stop the iptables service. The next day she reboots the server and then asks you why she can't SSH into the server. Question: Is she brain-damaged?

Had dinner with Shamoun, which was good. Thai food on 19th street.

Did some work on the website (now that I'm confident that Geocities isn't going to clobber it). Hooked into the Livejournal CSS so that it has the same look and feel. Also cleaned up the content a bit. Would like to get some more pictures on there. I was going though my iPhoto and found a ton of stuff that might be nice to include.

Still have not finished the floor in the bathroom. I have all the tile, but just have not had the willpower to get on my hands and knees and put it down.

Supposed to meet up with Vikki tomorrow night after work.