Thursday, March 2, 2006

Finally Friday

Another long day at work. Arrived 9:45am. left 11:15pm. Dan delivered dmanager code that "compiled and linked". Of course, as I expected, it segfaulted as soon as you ran it. But I was able to iron out the kinks and it looks like it's pretty much working now.

Eric is back in the office. The latest reconcile failed, but I went down to Wall Street and analyzed it to find it was not our bug. Unfortunately, it still killed a couple of hours since I left the office to go down there at 5:30pm.

This new project is pretty critical, so I suspect the next couple of weeks will be really hard.

Finally got my Tivo to download program guide data. I was all ready to either buy an ethernet to wireless bridge, or hack up my OS X networking to run NAT and DHCP to bridge the wireless card. I mentioned this to Matt and, being a Mac guy, he pointed out that Apple already built the feature right into OS X, and I just had to enable the "Internet Sharing" feature. Felt kinda stupid for not thinking to see if they already provided such a feature. So I effectively eliminated the one thing that still had me considering getting a cable modem.

Taking my first day off on Friday since I started working there. Wohoo. Cable guy comes between noon and six, so effectively there goes my afternoon. Such is life.