Wednesday, March 1, 2006

Insert stupid subject line...

Another day on the job. Still prepping for Dan's departure. Had an extended discussion with Peter about what is in the pipe for the next few weeks. Trying to get Benny and Naoum moved over to other tasks. Worked with Shamoun some more on his DBA use cases. Dealt some more with Chan on Win32 porting issues.

I ran into Cathryn outside the elevator this afternoon, and it was odd because she started to apologize for "kicking me out of her office yesterday" when I went in to her office while she was on the phone to discuss something with Shannon. Quite strange. If you're in my office talking to my office mate and I'm trying to have a phone call, I'll kick your ass out and not even give a thought about apologizing. She then went into saying that she knows how hard I have been working and she heard I was taking some time off and she wanted me to know how much she appreciates everything I have been doing. I'm not sure if she thinks she offended me or something? Did I give her a dirty look or something and not realize it?

Dan and I hit Broadway Station after work for dinner/drinks. As I was walking home I ran into Matt and Jeff outside another bar and hung out with them for a while. Got into a pretty heated debate with Matt on the notion of taking vacation days at a 'critical time' for a startup. The whole thing left me feeling pretty crappy. Part of it is because I feel compelled to stick up for Dan, a guy who already deferred his vacation once because of his last project. I guess I'm also a bit defensive because I'm taking Friday off, and I know damn well how important this thing we are working on is and don't really need the guilt trip.

Got home at 11:15. Watched Grey's Anatomy from Sunday. Turns out Dan watches it too.

Naomi's away message right now says she is "on the phone with her piper". It's not stalking when the person broadcasts it on the internet.

I feel like I have had better days.