Thursday, April 13, 2006

Plugging along...

Talked to Mom last night. Jen and Jon checked into the hospital. They are expecting to have the baby before thee weekend. Jaden if it's a boy and Isabella if it's a girl.

I think I have pretty much finished up the manager command set (largely with Dan's help). It's in test now, so I figure some debugging will be required. Now I'm trying to assess the situation with the GUI, since we are going to need to scale it and Shamoun has concerns about the current design. PHP code, oh boy!

Anybody know how to get gdb to dump the stack trace of a 32 bit process on 64 bit Suse? All I get is a corrupt stack. Tried the 32 bit version of gdb, compiled the HEAD of gdb from CVS, called Novell. So far nothing has helped. This is going to nail me because I cannot debug any of the manager or agent code on the target (thus far I have been doing it all on RHEL4-32 bit). I'm not even talking about a complicated multithreaded process. I can't even dump the stack to int main(){ printf("hello world\n"); sleep(1000);return 0;}

Ok, off to work now. I have to go to the customer site today to see if I can make some sense of what is going wrong with the agent...