Saturday, May 20, 2006

Birthday (almost)

So today is my big birthday dinner down at Mom's. I have to go to work first this morning though, since Shamoun and I are flying to California on Monday to demo this whole thing and it doesn't quite work yet.

For the last few days Vikki had scheduled for me to get out of work at 7:00 on Friday. Turns up she got tickets to see Avenue Q. Good show. Lots of Fun. It's the first time I had been to a show since Jen/Jon/Lauren and I went to see the Blue Man Group a few years ago. The notion of muppets having intercourse is a bit disturbing, I have to admit though. :-)

The guys at work surprised me with birthday cake yesterday (brownies actually, but there were candles on top). Quite unexpected, except for the part where a half hour earlier I was working at my desk and heard the following dialog:

"Are we having cake today?"

"Nothing to see here..."

Oh, and Vikki gave me Oatmeal Raisin cookies and legos from the Times Square Toys 'R Us.... Very cool.