Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Busy weekend

It's been a busy couple of days. On Saturday went down to New Brunswick to hang out with Kyle. Lunch at Olive Garden. Refrigerator cake. Badminton in the side yard. All good fun...

On Sunday went down to South Jersey to surprise Mom for Mother's Day. Hung out with Jen/Jon/Jayden. Saw Grandma, Richie, Aggie. Dinner with Mom, Rick, Suzy. Missed my train so I Lauren very kindly drove me to the Little Silver train station at 6:30 on Monday morning. Wow, I forgot what it was like to wake up that early.

Work yesterday went ok. The project is behind schedule, but we are doing our best. I so knew this was going to happen.

Ever have one of those times when you need to make sure the screen saver doesn't kick in? My suggestion was to use a DLP-245M USB development board and write a bit of firmware to emulate the HID interface for mouse devices. Well, Shamoun and Eric cooked up their own clever little solution.



If you look closely, you can see that they taped the cord of the mouse to the fan. As the fan moves back and forth, the mouse moves, preventing the screen saver from kicking in. I have video of it working, but don't have time to upload it now.