Monday, June 5, 2006

Planning

So work today was a bit stressful. We're supposed to deliver a proof of concept tomorrow and it wasn't working when I left the office after 9:30 last night. Supposedly it's working now. I have to be at the office at 7am (in two hours) to build new RPMs for testing. Will be the first time I use the car service Matt told me about a couple of weeks ago.

Didn't get to look into flights to Italy last night like I planned.

Getting ready for the post-release cleanup. Going to merge a bunch of stuff back to HEAD tomorrow. Then comes the flood of patches that were too risky to put in right before a release. I have a ton of dead code I could eliminate if I just had the cycles.

Also did work on documentation for planning next phase of development. Have to coordinate with Peter and Naoum tomorrow so I can present to Shamoun.

Have lunch meeting tomorrow so I need to not look like a mess.

Thinking a bit more about my printing problem, I should bring my Mac into the office and try it. There are drivers for Mac and I suspect it probably uses a much more standards-based printing mechanism than the Windows driver. If I can just get a single job to print from a non-Windows platform I can analyze the dump in Ethereal and get it to work with my Linux box.