Tuesday, December 11, 2007

V4L firmware loading success - well, sort of...

It took a couple of days, but I finally heard back from the Video4Linux developer responsible for the xc2028 tuner, and it looks like he is going to merge the patch I sent for the kernel panic. He was also nice enough to send me the firmware image he uses, which loaded successfully on my system.

So I still don't have a picture yet on my HVR-950, but I am making incremental progress. Data is arriving on /dev/video0, albeit garbage data at this point. It isn't registering a /dev/dvb device either, which isn't a good sign.

Spent most of the day writing C code to interact with the Microsoft Cluster API, since WMI is a flaky interface. It's annoying when three lines of VBScript have to be replaced with 60 lines of C/C++ code. Alas, at least I know this code will work consistently...

Still suffering from some really bad insomnia. I was up most of the night last night, and today I was like a zombie most of the day. Watched a couple of episodes of Sports Night on DVD at around 2am.