Sunday, December 9, 2007

What's going on?

Was a pretty busy week at work. Did a bunch of customer deployment stuff all week which kept me there late most nights. Such is life.

Victoria came to New York this weekend. We spent most of Saturday kicking around the apartment. I worked on my Video4Linux stuff while she did school work. Did some cleaning. Leah and Brad came over Saturday night and we ordered Zen Palette and played Scrabble, which was lots of fun.

Today we got crepes from Crooked Tree for lunch. I got a haircut in Astor Place. Went to the office for a bit. Vikki made some ravioli that was really good.

Submitted a patch to linux-dvb tonight for a bug I found in the Xceive xc2028 firmware loader. Because I didn't know what the expected format was for the firmware file, I fed it the output from having passed the firmware through v4l_experimental/xc3028/convert.c and when I loaded it the kernel hit a panic. It ended up being an integer wraparound in the code that parses the firmware file.

Hopefully they will also provide some additional information on the expected format so I can load the firmware into my Hauppauge HVR-950 and see if I can get it working.