Monday, January 21, 2008

Monday

Dan lit a fire under me to get to the bottom of some race conditions that had been stacking up in my bug queue for the last few weeks. Took a few hours of my undivided attention but I think I isolated and fixed all of them. I just hadn't had a chance to focus on anything else since I've been working to get feature complete. Still, it felt a little overwhelming this afternoon until I stepped out of the office and got some coffee.

So I've been giving Yahoo! Mail $25 per year since 2002 in exchange for 25 MB of mail storage. Since I've been using GMail for the last couple of years, the only reason I've kept paying Yahoo is because I had not moved the mail over (and I had been using it since 1998).

Finally got around to setting up GMail to rip the email over so I can drop back down to the free Yahoo Mail service (which I only keep because my website is hosted on Geocities).

Spent a good portion of the evening reading through email from the late nineties. Stumbled across this E-card from my father:

From: bert_heitmueller@3com.com
Reply-To: bert_heitmueller@3com.com
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 12:29:35 PDT
To: devin_heitmueller@<redacted>
Subject: This Easter, Son, I Wish You a World of Happiness - from Bert

You have just received an animated greeting card from Bert
You'll see the personal greeting by using the following Web location.

http://www1.bluemountain.com/cards/box5753x/mkm2avfmdbdxjp.htm

(Your greeting card will be available for the next 90 days)
There is no charge for this service! :) HAVE a good day and have fun!

He sent it two days before his heart attack.