Unfortunately, I'm not sure if somebody else is running BitTorrent, but today for some reason the coffee house's Internet access is ridiculously slow. I have to wait ten or fifteen seconds for web pages to appear, which pretty much rules out doing connecting into the office over ssh and getting some work done.
As a background task over the last few days I have using BoundsChecker to profile some upload zip code I have in my product. Achieved a 133% performance improvement in large zip uploads with few files (400 MB zip archives containing 70 or 80 files), and a 64% improvement in small zip uploads with lots of files (4 MB zip archives containing 2500 files).
64 bytes from 184.108.40.206: icmp_seq=452 ttl=51 time=14017.783 ms
64 bytes from 220.127.116.11: icmp_seq=453 ttl=51 time=13065.781 ms
64 bytes from 18.104.22.168: icmp_seq=454 ttl=51 time=12576.429 ms
64 bytes from 22.214.171.124: icmp_seq=455 ttl=51 time=12128.468 ms
Performance profiling is one of the more fun things I get to do at work. Hand optimized assembly code is your friend.
I lost one of the rubber nubs from the Bose headphones I got from Uncle Richie and Aunt Aggie two Christmases ago. The nubs were pretty worn out (they get alot of use) and I was thinking about buying a new pair anyway. I dropped the tiny piece of grey rubber onto a concrete walkway last night and spent several minutes trying to find it before giving up. It's just annoying because I would have continued to use the old ones until I bought a replacement, and now I can't use my iPod until I find somewhere to pickup a new pair.
Ok, enough rambling for now...