Wednesday, April 16, 2008

HVR-950 work continues

Spent the last few nights going back and forth with Mauro and Aidan on my HVR-950 work. While I did "get it to work", I now have to get the edge cases worked out relating to switching back and forth between analog and digital capture mode (which requires enabling/disabling certain chips and reprogramming the firmware). I'm making progress and finding/fixing bugs along the way, but it's harder than I thought it would be.

Since I was planning on doing some work on the Kaffeine Media Player next anyway, getting to know the V4L API better can only help me. It's actually pretty cool stuff.

It's actually pretty convenient that Mauro is two hours ahead of me in Brazil, since that means I have fresh patches to try out when I get home from work and we're not stepping all over each other.

Speaking of work, things have been a little crazy for me there recently. Trying to push through my bug queue and finish the major functionality I am responsible for. It's all good stuff, but there just aren't enough hours in the day...