Monday, May 19, 2008

Tired

Had a long day today.

Was at the office until 9pm trying to figure out why a call to CreateProcess() in the Perl Win32::Job XS module was failing with GetLastError() returning "Access Denied". Hooked up the remote debugger to the Perl core and for the life of me I can't see anything wrong with the arguments being fed to the call. To make matters worse, it only happens when run from within an NT service (a bit of irony to get an "Access Denied" error from a service running as the Local Security Authority).

After work Packy, Milosz, and I got some Mexican food down on University Place, which was pretty good.

Confirmed that indeed my HVR-950 driver is broken under Ubuntu 8.04. I need to add some debugging and get a fix in before the 2.6.26 window closes. I'm just too tired to do it tonight.

Watched the season finale of House, which was pretty good. No more TV for me to watch this season.