Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Day off

Yesterday was pretty productive. I did a pull request for the Dvico FusionHDTV7 patch that has been pending for a week or so. And I got the Terratec Cinergy T USB XS working before lunch (and added support for the remote control). Spent pretty much the rest of the day trying to figure out why the kernel was hitting an OOPS on the HVR-950Q every time I unplugged it. A regression got introduced a couple of weeks ago. Ick.

Going to try to make the big push today and finally wrap up the xc5000 work. Will need to retest with all the devices, which is a PITA. Fortunately, I own most of them now so I won't be blocked on anyone else.

I've also been weighing the merits of taking the plunge and upgrading to Ubuntu 9.04. It's just a hassle since I have to make sure everything is backed up, and there is the risk of downtime if it doesn't go according to plan. Also, I cannot really be doing anything else *during* the upgrade, so it probably isn't the best use of my time. Perhaps I will upgrade my desktop system first and see how it goes.