Sunday, April 26, 2009

Things going on...

I haven't posted in a couple of weeks. I have an ill relative and I've been pretty depressed. Haven't gotten much done lately outside of the office, hence no blogging.

No new LinuxTV work lately. I've been watching alot of TV at night. For those who know me well, they know that despite all the work I do to make television watching under Linux work well, I don't really watch much TV myself. In fact, the running joke at the office is that I own seven computers and thirteen TV tuners, but I manage to never successfully record House on Monday nights.

Yesterday I was in Philadelphia. Victoria and I took Edison to the park. Like the cliche that suggests men take a dog to the park in order to attract women, apparently taking a cat to the park attracts friendly dog owners. Was nice to finally have some descent weather and be outside.



Because Edison is deaf, he doesn't scare when a dog barks or a car's horn honks. However, he did almost jump out of his harness when he saw a squirrel next to a nearby tree.

I took off from work tomorrow and Tuesday. Just wanted a couple of quiet days to myself. Will perhaps try to write some code. A couple of tuners arrived from Germany on Friday right before I left for Philadelphia, and perhaps I will get them up and running.