Sunday, June 21, 2009

Quiet weekend...

Victoria and I had a nice quiet weekend. On Saturday night she went out with her friends for dinner, and I got the Terratec Cinergy T XS working (the version with the zl10353). Also wrapped up the EVGA inDtube work which got merged today into the mainline (more details can be found on http://www.kernellabs.com).

Also, because of all the people complaining about the analog bug for the HVR-1250 and HVR-1800, I broke out my boards to debug the issue and discovered that the HVR-1250 has a bad eeprom and the HVR-1800 didn't even register in lspci. Since this is the first time I've tried to use the PCIe port on my Dell 530n, I'm not sure if I just had bad luck and both cards are actually bad or whether there's something wrong with my PC.

I've also been debating what to work on next. After upgrading to the alpha release of Ubuntu Karmic Koala, I discovered that they are now bundling Kaffeine 1.0pre2 instead of the older 0.8.x codebase, which means I should do some work there to make ATSC work well or else people will see a regression. I've also responded to a few different emails over the weekend about em28xx audio, em28xx remote control support, and the em28xx power problem, which suggests perhaps I should give them some attention. On top of that, I would like to get the xc4000 project started, but without a generator the best approach would probably be to get analog working first - except the dib0700 driver doesn't have analog support so I would have to do that work first. The upside of that approach would be though that the Pinnacle PCTV 801e would finally get analog support, something many users have asked for.

Ok, enough rambling for now on things I could be working on...