Monday, August 17, 2009

Back from Vacation...

I got back from vacation yesterday. Victoria, her sister, sister's boyfriend, grandmother, and I spent the last five days on Dataw Island, South Carolina (about an hour from Savannah, GA). It rained alot, but we still had lots of fun. For me it was just nice to get away for a few days.

No laptop, limited Internet access. In other words, for those of you who follow the blog to read about my progress on LinuxTV, there essentially was none. But I got back in the groove last night and am hoping to have more to write about this week.

I'm looking at the list of crap people are asking for, and it seems pretty clear I need an apprentice or something. Alot of this stuff is pretty straightforward but too time consuming to keep on top of by myself. Stuff like fixing em28xx board profiles and writing firmware extract scripts. None of this is rocket science but I just don't have the cycles to keep up. If I had someone to help with the small stuff, it would make it easier for me to focus on the larger projects that require more advanced debugging and analysis.

Unfortunately, it seems like there are too many users and not many developers willing to help support the project.