Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekend roundup

Spent the weekend in Philadelphia. On Saturday Victoria and I went and visited a caterer. We also did a cake tasting at The Night Kitchen Bakery and decided on the style for the cake etc. In the afternoon, we visited one of the possible locations for the wedding (at the gazebo outside the Philadelphia Art Museum). Later that evening we went to a club to celebrate her friends Nicole, Alix, and Jamie's birthday.

On Sunday, we packed up the Toyota, drove to New York, and moved Amy into college. I was thoroughly impressed with how organized the Fashion Institute of Technology was in terms of moving people in, in particular given the logistics surrounding unloading hundreds of cars in midtown Manhattan.

Spent most of Sunday evening working on em28xx VBI support, as well as tonight.

My insomnia is back. As an experiment, I started taking Melatonin last week to see if it would help. I didn't really have any trouble sleeping for the last few days. I forgot to take it tonight, and here I am awake at 2:53 am. Coincidence? Causation?