Thursday, February 23, 2006

Work on Wall Street continues...

Continued work on the project. Got to the client site at 9:30. Left at 9:30. Got some dinner with Matt at a sushi place near the office.

Successfully built an Oracle 9i home and an Oracle database within that home. Also think I successfully destroyed the Oracle home (which contrary to how it sounds is exactly what I wanted to happen). Tomorrow I need to start the db, stop the db, destroy the database, and finally destroy the home. Eric is set to integrate and work on reconciliation. Also going to start work on Oracle 10g (started to read the docs tonight).

The way things are looking, I'm going to have to work over the weekend. This whole thing is supposed to be done on Monday. Even with me, Eric, and Matt going full bore, I'm not sure we will make it.

On the cab ride home we went past ground zero. I had never been there, and was unexpectedly surprised at how large a site it is. I guess I never had an appreciation for the scale until I saw it in person.

Ate more thin mints tonight. I'm going to make myself sick.