Thursday, March 16, 2006

Short and sweet

My wireless is not behaving very nicely tonight, so I'll keep this short and sweet. You get what you pay for.

Work continues on the big project. Worked from 10:15 to 8:30. Feel like this was another day where I didn't get much done. Or as Eric put it I "spent most of the day walking around the office dealing with other people".

Did I mention VLANs are a bitch to get working properly under Win32? Or perhaps it is just me trying to do Red Hat Linux Anaconda builds inside VMWare sessions over DHCP running on Windows on a VLAN on crappy switches... Wow, reading the number of layers in the previous sentence makes me wonder how it works at all. But I got three developers working over the last two days -- that's three developers with the owner Manager servers...

I really need some time to myself so I can get my own development under way. By the time everybody else leaves (around 7:30), I'm too tired to really focus on my own development. Plus I think I'm staring to come down with a cold, which just makes it harder...

I sent Naomi some email this afternoon to suggest we grab some coffee when she is in New York next week, even if it turns up her laptop works. How is this for a response:

Devin,

Laptop works fine here at home on the wireless internet. I don't know why it didn't work at the hotel in MA. Umm as for meeting up, I will be in NY all of next week. Just curious though,....why do you want to meet up with me? Sure I could. I don't really have any plans made yet but I do want to meet up with a BM alumna friend and see her in the city if I can and Nate arrives next Friday night. I am thinking about doing dinner with the family I nannied for on Thursday. In the days, I plan on doing my schoolwork and on cleaning/cooking. Let me know more of what you had in mind and a tiny explanation. :)

~Naomi

I have to offer an explanation as to why we should get coffee? Very strange. It almost makes me feel like she is suggesting I have some ulterior motive.