Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Discouraged

Went to my building's board meeting tonight. Basically came to the conclusion that the board doesn't care about the issues I care about. They've decided to not invest any of the building staff's time in continuing my investigation into the ventilation problems. I can't do the work myself because of the insurance issues, and despite the many complaints of the other shareholders, getting to the bottom of the issue just isn't a priority.

I've still got four patches pending against three different v4l-dvb trees. It's kind of frustrating since we're going on week three and there hasn't been so much as an acknowledgment as to when they will be merged. I can't do the xc5000 cleanup because the latest version of xc5000.c is in trunk and the Pinnacle 801e changes are still in the ~pb/v4l-dvb branch (and that's the only xc5000 device I have).

Added support to Kaffeine4 for the ATSC major/minor channel numbers. Also got the content scrambling flag to be read. I'm still not cleared to commit changes directly to svn though so I'm going to have to deal with the queue of changes building up while Christoph is on vacation for the next two weeks.

I discovered that most of the core functionality from Phonon that is needed for things like audio wasn't incorporated until QT 4.5, so there is basically no way to do a release of Kaffeine4 for the upcoming Ubuntu 8.10 release.

Oh, and my insomnia is back.