Monday, June 29, 2009

FIOS Fun!

So, I spoke to soon: I came home last night from the weekend in Philadelphia and found my FIOS was down. Called to put in a support ticket, and they scheduled me for 5:30pm to 9:00pm tonight.

I got a phone call at 9:25 this morning by a tech asking if I was home. Unfortunately, I came into work early so I could be home at 5:30. If I had known they were going to show up at 9:30, I would have just gone in late. However, since their window during the day is 8am to 5pm, I couldn't afford to take the risk that they would show up at 4:30pm and miss a whole day of work.

And for once Verizon did something right and shut off my DSL within 72 hour of my asking them to. Unfortunately, that means I now don't have any Internet access at all from home.

Here's a quick read that I found entertaining:

13 Year Old Uses Walkman for a Week. Result: Embarrassment
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/06/13-year-old-uses-walkman-for-a-week-result-embarrassment/